Below we outline what information we or our third party partners may collect from you and what we/they may do with any of the data we collect from you.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, physical address, company, email and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Applications, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Applications, subscribe to any of our services, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Applications, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your financial information, such as credit card and / or bank account numbers;
- proof of identity including electronic scans or copies of your driving licence, birth certificates and also bills for services held in your name.
- your photos and calendar where you choose to allow us access, for example, when you upload a photo to East1° membership portal application;
- a link to your social media account profiles if you choose to provide this, for example, the web address for your LinkedIn profile i.e. linkedin.com/username;
- information about your job title including details about your role, name of employer, industry, skills and expertise;
- Details of your next of kin which may be requested in order that we have emergency contacts for you in the event of anything happening which may require these people to be contacted.
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Applications or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them; You are under no obligation to provide any of the above listed information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or process your application for membership.
How might we use your data
- If we have collected your personal information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for any other purpose unless you have been informed and where relevant your permission obtained.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place from time to time to protect your information regardless of where it is held.
The purposes for which we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to enable us to provide the services over the Website and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal data to:
- create and maintain your member directory listing on the Website;
- resolve disputes, collect Booking Fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- investigate and / or take action to prevent prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- maintain, customise, measure and improve our services, the Website, and the content and advertising made available on or by means of the Website and / or our services;
- tell you about our services, engage in targeted marketing, and provide service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties such as insurance companies and / or credit rating agencies. Use of your personal data for marketing purposes We do not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information (“PII”) with third parties for their promotional purposes, without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information of other Members and information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising.
Our sharing of your personal data
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other person (including Members) to legal liability.
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as customer support providers, debt recovery agencies, credit card processing) and with maintaining the Website.
Twitter We operate one official EAST1° Twitter account: www.twitter.com/east1degree If this account follows another Twitter user, this does not imply endorsement of any kind.
The Terms are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales, the courts of which will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes that may arise.